BrainVoyager QX is a highly optimized and user friendly software package for the analysis and visualization of functional and structural magnetic resonance imaging data sets. The program runs on all major computer platforms including Windows (95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP), Linux (i.e. RedHat, SUSE) and Mac OS X (10.2 or higher). In order to obtain maximum speed on each platform, BrainVoyager QX has been completely programmed in C++ with optimized and highly efficient statistical, numerical, and image processing routines. The 3D graphics environment (“surface module”) has been implemented using OpenGL. The interactive graphical user interface was built using the award-winning cross-platform Qt C++ toolkit. In combining the best cross-platform technology, BrainVoyager QX provides a native and responsive user interface on all supported platforms.
- Volume and cortex-based hypothesis-driven statistical data analysis (i.e. GLM) including conjunction and random effects analysis
- Random effects ANCOVA analysis for advanced multi-factorial designs and correlation with external (i.e. behavioral) variables
- Dynamic statistical thresholding using the False Discovery Rate (FDR) approach for correction of multiple comparisons
- Cluster-size thresholding for correction of multiple comparisons (plugin)
- Multi-subject Volume-of-Interest (VOI) and surface Patch-of-Interest (POI) analysis
- Volume and cortex-based data-driven analysis using Independent Component Analysis (ICA)
- Advanced methods for automatic brain segmentation, surface reconstruction, cortex inflation and flattening
- Cortex-based inter-subject alignment based on gyral / sulcal pattern of individual brains going beyond Talairach space
- Analysis (work-in-progress) of Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) data including combined visualization with structural and functional MRI
- Creation (“seeding”) and visualization of EEG / MEG multiple dipole models in combination with the powerful BESA 5.0 program
- Integration of volume and surface rendering with powerful tools for the creation of high-quality figures and movies
- A neuronavigation module as part of the TMS Neuronavigator system
- Multi-processor support and an open architecture with documented file formats
- Cross-platform scripting support allows to analyze the data from many subjects in batch mode
- Cross-platform C++ plugin support which makes it possible to extend the functionality of BrainVoyager QX
- The Windows version (v2.x) will support COM-based interfaces, which can be accessed with all major computer languages (i.e. C/C++, VB, Java) as well as from MATLAB.
- The only complete solution running natively on all major computer platforms including Windows XP / 2000 / NT 4.0 / ME / 98 / 95, Linux/Unix and Mac OS X
- BrainVoyager QX provides a comprehensive cross-platform solution embodied in a single product. The software allows easy exchange of data between platforms handling transparently potential byte order differences (“big endian” vs “little endian”). Data analyzed on one platform – for example Windows – can be moved to another platform – for example Mac OS X on PowerPC – and further processed without problem.